Following a much needed trip to the Lakes International Comic Arts Festival (nothing more inspiring than seeing a bunch of successful comic artists), and a very pleasant email chain that I’ve been having with someone who is commissioning me, I felt like it was time to update this blog with what I’ve been up to, what I’m currently doing, and what future things I’m planning.
Without further adieu;
What I’ve been Up To;
- Practice, Practice, Practice.
- I managed to get my hands on a 2nd hand Surface Pro 4 that was still under warranty so I’m getting to grips with drawing directly onto a screen again.
- Drawing D&D characters – my own and my party’s
- Playing D&D…and PUBG…and Crypt of the Necrodancer.
- Some leisurely travel this year. Helsinki for a (non-typical) Finnish wedding deep in the heart of the wilderness, Insomnia61 (my first LAN ever!) and LICAF.
- Reading some very useful books regarding story-crafting.
What I’m currently Up To;
- A long term character design project for an indie RPG video game for one of my long-time friends. I’m designing the four PCs and it aims to 1) both embrace and dispense with clichés and 2) be accessible to a large group of people. We’re hoping that there’ll be a character for nearly everyone to relate to!
- A series of smaller character commissions for /r/dnd following a post of my Celestial Pact Warlock to Reddit.
- Retconning Britland City so that The Novelteagirl never happened because it is a story that requires my scientifically-minded main character to hold an idiot ball for an entire week
What’s happening in the Future?;
- Making Britland, Making Britland, Making Britland!
- A long weekend trip to Belgium in December to see a couple of creative friends back from the SheezyArt days.